Parts Counter Sales Representative | Beaumont
Sells a variety of parts to customers over the counter, on the phone and at customer site. Provides top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper parts needed. Stocks and tracks inventory.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customer of companion parts requirements and specials, and ensures the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls courteously, providing prices quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies Parts Manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists Outside Sales Representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Participate with the Parts Manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or 3-5 year related work experience.
- Trailer Parts knowledge a plus.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer/data entry and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have good math skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-100 lbs.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Pre-employment drug testing and background screen applies.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
3755 Hollywood Street, Beaumont, TX, 77701
March 7, 2023